is one of the best Superfoods in the world! According to Dr.
Nicholas Perricone in his new best selling book The Perricone Promise
the Acai berri is the number one of the ten top superfoods. Yes some
foods can be eaten to help you look and age better! This amazing berry
was also recently given national recognition on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Acai berry fruit -This little berry is one of the most
nutritious and powerful foods in the world. It can often be found in
juice form in health food and gourmet stores
Acai (pronounced Ah-Sa-E) is an Amazon Super Berry.
This new berry is 100% all natural and it is harvested naturally from
depths of the rainforests of Brazil, by the people who have been using it for
over thousands of years. Acai is the only super berry on the market that has
everything that you need, naturally from only the berry itself. It packs
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Calcium, Potassium,
Fiber, Proteins, beneficial fatty acids such as Omega 6, Omega 9 to helps you
fight your cholesterol problems and many, many more; there are just too many
As an added benefit, it gives you the highest
level of anti-oxidant on the market, with studies showing up to 33 times the
anti-oxidant as red wine grapes. With Acai it gives you the energy from your
youth and opens up the vitality and increased stamina you had in your 20's. So
try the new "Fountain of Youth" from this forbidden Amazon Berry and
you too will feel the power of the Amazon.
Research on Acai has shown that these Anti-Oxidants are known to fight and
regulate cholesterol levels in the body.
Acai has two essential fatty acids known as Omega 6 (Linoleic acid) and Omega
9 (Oleic acid). Research shows that Omega 6 helps lower LDL, which is the
harmful cholesterol. Then you have Omega 9 fatty acids which lower LDL and
maintain HDL (beneficial cholesterol) levels.
Acai's Anti-Oxidant factors play a large role in maintenance of the vascular
cardiac system, which is important for better blood circulation.
What is Acai Acai - Euterpe Oleracea (Arecaceae)?
The fruit is small, round and blackish purple, It looks like a grape, but
smaller and darker. It has a big seed and very little pulp. Acai is widely used
in energy drinks, ice cream, energy bars with granola.
In order to obtain a healthy Acai, the most important is the quickness in the
time between the harvest and the processing. The Acai is very rich in
antocianine, an antioxidation substance that helps to fight the cholesterol and
free radicals. Have you ever heard that a glass of red wine everyday is good for
the heart? This is because of the antocianine in the grape, It is not by
accident that the color of the Acai is similar to the color of red wine,
although the Acai has 33 times more anticianine than the grape. The antocianine
is also a strong natural coloring,
Besides being considered one of the
"Richest foods in iron" the Acai is also rich In fibers which makes it strongly recommended for
the elderly and/or for people with problems in the digestive organs, For its microbiological characteristics the Acai Is considered one of the most nutritive fruits in the Amazon, preceded only by the chestnut of Pera.
Acai is considered new potential source of natural red coloring matter for
use. Nothing has been found in the composition of the Acai that would cause any
reaction when mixed with other foods.
In summary, the Acai is a caloric drink (due the high lipase tenor), with
high fiber tenor, anthocyanin and other micro-nutrients. Therefore, it can be
considered one of the most nutritional fruits from Amazon.
Each year, the agricultural food industry is researching sources of natural
Colorants, Among these, anthocyanines are of particular interest due to the
large range of colors that they have (orange, red, blue) and their very
important nutritional properties., in effect, anthocyanines are pigments
belonging to the flavonoid group and have very high antioxidant levels.
The quantification of anthocyanines in a product is generally done by quick
and less costly techniques such as direct or indirect spectrophotometer and the
use of a Minolta color meter. Please note that spectrophotometer can also give
qualitative facts on the type of anthocyanines presents.
The fruits of the Euterpe Oleracea are particularly rich in anthocyanines.
What benefits can I expect from Acai?
The following are just some of the reported benefits of taking Acai, results
vary from person to person but benefits can be felt in 1-2 weeks of usage:
- Greater energy/stamina
- Improved digestion
- Improved Mental Focus
- Better sleep
- All nutrients come from one berry
- Acai has more proteins then an average egg
- Acai has a high amount of lipids that gives you the energy of a raging
- Acai has essential minerals such as iron, potassium, phosphorus and
calcium. Acai has all natural Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin),
Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin C, Vitamin E (tocopherol)
- Improved sexual function
- Acai has been shown to have up to 33 times the Antocyanine (a powerful
Anti-Oxidant) then red wine grapes.
- Acai has a high level of fibers that is good for elderly and for people
who have problems with digestive organs.
- Acai has two essential fatty acids known as Omega 6 (Linoleic acid) and
Omega 9 (Oleic acid). Research shows that these fatty acids maintain normal
- Research has shown that these Anti-Oxidants help regulate normal
- Acai's Anti-Oxidant factors play a large role in maintenance of vascular
cardiac system, which is important for better blood circulation.
- Acai is considered one of the richest nutritive fruits from the Amazon or
the world for that fact.
- An almost perfect essential amino acid complex in conjunction with
valuable trace minerals, vital to proper muscle contractions and
- Very low Sugar content for a fruit
- Cleansing and Detoxing your body
- Boost your Immune System
Other Facts about Acai:
Acai is a dense source of particular class of flavonoids called anthocyanins
(red-blue phenols with potent antioxidant properties)
- Anthocyanins are a group of phytochemicals in red wine thought to
contribute to the "French paradox", i, e. France has one of the
lowest incidences of heart disease of any westernized society despite a
prevalence of smoking and a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol (5).
Acai pulp contains 10-30 times the anthocyanins of red wine per equal volume
- The primary anthocyanin in .Acai is cyanidin-3 glucoside (1), Cyanidin-3-
glucoside has been found to be 3.5 times stronger than Trolox (vitamin E
analogue) and the predominate anthocyanin found in red wine
(nalvadin-3-glucoside) in an ORAC analysis (measure of antioxidant
- Anthocyanins have been found to "exhibit numerous potential
therapeutic effects including treatment of diabetic retinopathy and
fibrocystic disease of the breast in human" (2). "Other potential
physiological effects of anthocyanins include radiation ¬protective,
chemopratective, vasoprotective and anti-inflammatory agents" (2),
- The fatty acid ratio of Acai resembles that of olive oil, which is thought
to be a contributing factor to the low incidence of heart disease in
Mediterranean populations (1, 5),
- 60% Oleic (Omega 9) a monounsaturated, essential fatty acid, helps lower
LDL (harmful cholesterol) while maintaining HDL, (beneficial cholesterol)
- 12% Linoleic (Omega 6) a polyunsaturated, essential fatty acid, has been
found to lower both LDL and HL levels (5).
- Fatty acids aid in the transport and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins
ice. Vitamins A, E, D, and K(3).
- Acai contains valuable phytosterols
- Sterols are components of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits
to the human body, namely the reduction of blood plasma cholesterol (5)
- Sterols are currently being used to treat symptoms associated with BP.
- Claire Madden, VP Marketing at MarketResearch.com
- "Biochemical and Technical Studies on Acai" by Dr. Herve Rogez
2, Sofia Pascal 2, Jesus N.S. de Souza, Arlete R. Aquino & Raphaele
Buxant Dept.. de Engenharia Quimica - Centro Tecnologico, Diaouiweir ria I
- National Contor for Health Statictice. Annual summary of births,
marriages, divorces, and deaths United States, 1993, Monthly vital
statistics report-, vol 42 no 13. Hyattsville, MD: Public Health Service,
- American Heart Association. Heart and stroke facts 1995 statistical
supplement. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association, 1994,
- National Cholesterol Education Program. Second report of the Expert Panel
on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults
Adult Treatment Panel II). Bethsada National Heart, Lung.
This article was submitted by:
Fruta Vida International
812-923-9424 OfficeAcai Berry Business For Part-Time Entrepreneurs